Tuesday, May 8, 2012


I had a chance to help with a field trip this last week.  We took 40 kids from our after school program (Circulo Andante) and went to the zoo in Tijuana.  I was in charge of three kids for just over four hours.  The zoo was only partially open so I don’t think we were able to see the whole zoo, but we pretty much had the place to ourselves.  I ran around trying to understand 1st grade Spanish and make sure my kids did not end up in the duck pond or trying to pet the crocodile.  Children are a blessing and as tired as I was after that I was so excited to be able to help expand their perspective.  Our world view changes the way we act and think.  I remember taking my middle school kids into Corpus Christi from Kingsville where I was teaching.  Some of these kids had never been over a bridge before or gone to an aquarium.  Yesterday when I was on this trip I wondered how many kids had been to the zoo before.  Was this something rare for them?  I am sure for some of them it was.  

Beyond my ministries with the kids I have also been studying a lot of Paul’s letters in the last month.  I loved the book of Romans.  We looked at his message and how he wanted to bring the Greek and Jewish church together.  To see God use someone so specifically and intentionally is something special.  In Romans Paul writes to both the Jews and the Greeks and wants to expand perspective.  He wants them to take a step back so they can see more of the big picture.  That all men and women have sinned and failed, but because of one man, Jesus, they have all been saved.  When we look back our perspective is broadened as well.  I know in the last few years my perspective changed.  

Please pray for me intentionally; in the near future I will need to commit to my next step.  The last few months have been a process of looking and praying for a place to begin working.  Pray for our school, it has been a quick 7 months and we have covered a lot of ground in the bible.  The prayer is to finish what we started here last September and really take advantage of the last two months of our school, as we finish studying the New Testament.  I am not the only one looking and preparing for next year so please pray for guidance and wisdom and support for my class mates.  
Summer is close now, and I am glad to see more sunny days.  At the very least this will give me more days where I can go to the beach and get into the cold water.  As always I hope life is good, and can’t wait to hear how you are.  God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment