Monday, July 2, 2012

Changing it up


Hey Everyone, 

I have gone from spending most of my time trying to finish studying the bible to traveling in a van following Christian music festivals across the country.  I was outside of Harrisburg Pennsylvania this last weekend at Creation festival North East and I am writing to you from Illinois.  I am traveling with 5 other people, two from Denver and two from the base in Switzerland.  Our goal is to talk and explain what Youth With a Mission does as well as talk and pray with people about the possibility of doing missions.  

Creation was my first festival, but the mobile team has already been traveling for three weeks.  We are using a 15 passenger van from Denver and driving cross country.  We are now just outside of Chicago, IL waiting for our next festival, Cornerstone, which starts on the 3rd.  After Cornerstone we will be going to Minnesota.  I am especially excited to be in MN.  It looks like we will have a few days off and I am hoping to see as much of the family there as I can.  So family, friends if you are around the twin cities from the 8th – 11th please let me know I would love to see you!  I did not think I was going to make it to the twin cities this summer so I am pumped to have this time.  The 12-15 is Sonshine in Wilmar MN.  This festival will be our last stop. 
Main Stage at Creation day one
I get done with this outreach on July 18th and then I will be headed home for a few weeks.  I know that it is coming quick and before I know it I will be headed back to Mexico.  I am grateful for this time, but I am also excited to get back to Mexico.  There is a lot happening there and I am so excited to be working with the Bible School in Tijuana. We have a strong team of staff including 5 new staff members who were students in the last school.  This is something that seems to be kind of rare, usually in YWAM there are a lot of new people every year, but here with this school we have a chance to work as a team after spending nine months as students.  I need to figure out how I am going to get all my stuff out there, but it will work and before I know it I will be back in Mexico and applying for my residency!  

As always I would love to hear from you guys.  How the summer is going and especially if we have the chance to meet up this summer let me know.  I will be in MN from the 8-14 and then flying into San Antonio and then working my way down to Brownsville.  I am looking at leaving somewhere around the 9th of August to go back to Mexico.  Take care guys God Bless! 

No comments:

Post a Comment